* Changing the furnace filter
* Changing the water filter if you have a filtration system
* Replenishing toilet paper and hand soap in the bathroom (other toiletries if needed)
* Filling containers for napkins, paper towels, baby wipes, etc.
* Taking out the trash
* Making a shopping list of things that need to be re-stocked (trash bags, etc.)
* Emptying and cleaning out the vacuum cleaner
* Filling containers for spices, salt, and pepper
* Refilling air freshening or scenting devices
* Checking fluid levels and tire pressure in cars
It will be a while until you have to spend time trying to hunt one of these items down! Don't you feel more on-top-of things? If there's anything that should be in this list that I missed, please post a comment!
If you run out of things to do and still have time, why don't you do some dusting and vacuuming? Now during the winter (for those in the north part of the world), running the furnace really gets things dusty quickly. It also would be a good idea to sweep and mop hard floors.
Also, this is the last call for entries for the de-cluttering contest. Remember, you are supposed to submit photos, or at least a list of items you got rid of on Day 5. To be fair, please don't include items that you culled before or after the day you did the assignment for Day 5. I will accept entries through Thursday at midnight. Post a comment on the blog or pictures in the Flickr pool to enter.